Things to do
1. Café 88 (café in Cao Bang)
This simple cafe, with a raised terrace fronting the street, does some of the best Vietnamese coffee in town.
- Hours: 9.00AM - 10.00PM
- Location: cnr Ɖ Kim Dong & Ɖ Nguyen Du, Cao Bang City, Cao Bang Province, Vietnam
2. Shopping at Night Market
Cheap food stalls abound around Cao Bang night market.
- Price: meals from 15.000VND
- Hours: 5.00PM - 11.00PM
- Location: P. Vuon Cam, Cao Bang City, Cao Bang Province, Vietnam
3. Having dinner at Thu Ngan restaurant
Good-value local diner owned by a friendly family.
- Price: meals 40.000VND - 60.000VND
- Hours: 8.00AM - 9.00PM
- Location: No. 21 P. Vuon Cam, Cao Bang City, Cao Bang Province, Vietnam
4. Visiting town's hill-summit war memorial
There's not a whole load to do in Cao Bang town itself, but there are great 360-degree views from the town's hill-summit war memorial. Head up the second lane off Ð Pac Bo, go under the entrance to a primary school and you’ll see the steps leading up the hill.
- Locations: Cao Bang City, Cao Bang Province, Vietnam
5. Enjoy the traditinal cuisine at Ngoc Quyen Restaurant
Tucked away behind the market, this modest place has a buffet-style set-up – just point to the dishes you want. Be sure to try the delicious cha la lot (cabbage rolls).
- Price: meals 45.000VND - 70.000VND
- Location: Đ. Kim Dong, Cao Bang City, Cao Bang Province, Vietnam